Monday, September 22, 2008

LOL of the day

Went to the doctor for my yearly physical. The nurse starts with certain basics.
'How much do you weigh?' she asks. '135,' I say.
The nurse puts me on the scale. It turns out my weight is 180.
The nurse asks, 'Your height?' '5 foot 4,' I say.
The nurse checks and sees that I only measure 5'2'.
She then takes my blood pressure and tells me it is very high.
'Of course it's high!' I scream. 'When I came in here I was tall and slender! Now I'm short and fat!'
She put me on Prozac. What a bitch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like my last Dr. appointment.

Jess said...

LOL! I'm glad to hear you keep your sense of humour when under duress.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lordy! That gave me a good giggle.

Strangely, Aunt Doodie insists at least a couple of times a year that I'm not 4'11", but rather 5". This, of course, is insane and impossible. I don't know why she keeps thinking I'm going to grow.

CosmicAvatar said...

Oh, dear...

(I hate being weighed in the doctor's office. It's so humiliating.)