Monday, September 8, 2008

Can't ANYONE take their own Gorram photos?

I found another person hocking woven crystal heart pendants using MY picture! I don't get it. I'm not even that good of a photographer. If you are MAKE these things, how hard is it to just take a quick picture of it?

This one's just selling them from her blog, I guess it's been going on since Jan. I only found it now because I'm updating my Etsy shop and I don't have any of my pics on my laptop, so I was looking for my pictures online (the ultimate in laziness...plus, I'm allowed to steal my pic...because it's mine). I won't put a link to her here, I'm giving her a chance to do the right thing. I couldn't find an email for her but I made a comment in her blog to please remove the pic.

Guess I need to go ahead and start using watermarks. What's the easiest way to do that? Make a logo with some translucency and layer it over my pics?

UPDATE: She's removed it.

EDIT: I need to add that I am cheap, and the only photo editing tools I use are Paint, and Serif PhotoPlus 5.5. I have so far been unable to create a translucent image that I can paste onto a pic and have it look nice.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup. There are great instructions on about.com for all different photo editing programs. I'll look for the link.

Anonymous said...

http://graphicssoft.about.com/lr/watermarks_on_photos/92243/1/

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Annika is smart. I'm no help. We did watermarks for Mike's work via Photoshop and I had to have a teenager help me do it.

Meg said...

Emailing you now.

jenn said...

I hope one of our smart friends offers to do it for you. I, on the other hand, can only offer to cast dirty glances at anyone else who steals your photo.

And, dude, I just watched Dr. Horrible. Someone, thank goodness, posted it on youtube as I can't use the dr. horrible website because it is for the States only. I think the youtube was missing a few pieces here or there, but all in all it was amazing!!

Laurie said...

Really? I thought that Hulu was working in Canadia! :(

email to follow