Monday, September 15, 2008

Elote

Just made elote for the first time. Yummy! I came across a recipe a few weeks ago and it's taken me this long to remember to write the ingredients down before I went to the market.

Elote:

butter
4 ears corn, shucked
3 T mayonnaise
2 t fresh lime juice
2 t finely grated cotija cheese (I could not find cotaja cheese, and had to use Parmesan)
1/2 t chili powder
1/4 t ground cumin
1/4 t ground red pepper
1/8 t salt

Mix mayo and lime juice.

Mix grated cheese and seasonings.

Some versions call for the corn to be grilled in the husk, but I have no grill so I spread butter on the shucked ears of corn, wrapped them in foil, and baked for 30 minutes at 400F.

If you grilled the corn, next you will brush with butter before proceeding. Otherwise, the next step is to brush the corn with the mayo mixture. Then sprinkle with the cheese mixture.


Muy bueno!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I weren't so full of nachos. I'd go make some of that RIGHT NOW.

It looks awesome.