Saturday, October 29, 2005

This is so fucked up

.
On the last season of Judging Amy, there was a teenage former gang member named Graciela whom Amy was helping to straighten her life out. I remember she had very pretty eyes and she had some quality about her that I can't define, but I liked her very much. Amy got herself very invested in her, and the girl grew and flourished. Then she was arrested for a drive-by, but she wasn't voluntarily involved; she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Amy moved heaven and earth to try to get her out of jail. In the end, she was murdered in jail. It was devistating.

Today I read in the news that the actress who played Graciela, Tara Correa-McMullen, 16, was just killed in a gang shooting. They don't think she was involved; she just may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I am floored. This is life imitating art in the worst way.

Example

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awful! Poor girl :-(

Callie