Sunday, November 9, 2008

Seriously...

what kind of assholes have a screaming argument at ONE IN THE MORNING? Especially when they live in an apartment building so all their neighbors are thisclose, and their windows are open?

I NEVER get good upstairs neighbors. The latest ones let their daughter run and stomp all the fucking time. Seriously. For HOURS. Sometimes just stamping in the same spot again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again. I mean, I KNOW kids play and run. I do expect there to be certain level of noise. I have a kid. I raised him in this building. And I spent a lot of time telling him to be "easy on the floor" because we have neighbors downstairs. If your kid needs to run that much, take her the fuck out to play for a little while.

And they leave their laundry in the machines for HOURS. Do they think they own this building? Do they think that those machines are for themselves, alone? Newsflash: you are sharing those machines with 11 other families! Common courtesy and common sense should tell you that it's NOT OK to leave your stuff in the machines for 3 hours, for 4 hours, and longer. OTHER PEOPLE WANT TO USE THEM, ASSHOLES. And when you find someone emptying the machine of the clothes you just left in there for 3 hours, don't cop an attitude about it.

So, now they're fighting. Right now I can hear him saying, "What are you gonna do? What are you gonna do? What are you gonna do?". I can't decide whether to yell "SHUT THE FUCK UP" out the window, or just pound on the ceiling.

Wow. I didn't mean for this post to get this long. Guess I needed a good little rant, there.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled posting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For all the bullshit I put up with in this little Little Rock suburb, I will likely never experience the things I read about that you and Annika post about concerning communal appliances. How do you keep your sanity?!?

When I've lived in a multilevel apartment complex, I've always been particularly aware of my noise level; then again, from my perspective, that's just the polite thing to do. But that wasn't too terribly difficult because I mostly just listen to NPR and didn't have a sound system attached to my television. (Lucky and unusual, I know.) I was sometimes worried about disturbing others when I worked second shift (3-11 p.m.) and tended to stay up until the early a.m., but I was more worried about cooking smells than sounds. (I'm a super big fan of closed captioning. But I'm also a big fan of frying pork and preparing eggs at 4 a.m.)

My solution? First, open all your vents. Then fry some SPAM, boil some eggs, saute some Brussels sprouts in bacon grease, and enjoy. (Yeah, that may not work. But it would sure make me jealous.)

Jess said...

Hah, my downstairs neighbour should live under your upstairs neighbours for a few months. She'd develop a new appreciation of us, I think.

As for screaming matches at 1am, if that's a regular occurrence I don't think it'd be out of line to call the cops.

Anonymous said...

I'd go with yelling at them to shut up. More satisfying for you, plus they might not be positive who it was.