Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My poor sweetie

Jake woke me up at about 8:30 this morning, to say that his stomach felt weird. Within 5 minutes, he was upchucking in the kitchen sink (I know...not my first choice, but it was the closest thing, and sometimes ya just gotta go with the flow.) Yep. Stomach flu. He's spent the day being bored and very nauseous and feverish and just plain ol' icky. We watched a lot of episodes of Titus and then he watched me play Zelda (I beat the Big Bad and finished the game). He took a huge nap from 3-6pm. Woke up with the fever back, so I gave him more Tylenol. He ate a little jello, then was a little afraid it might have been a bad idea. But then he had a little toast. Then a bit later a little more jello, and now more toast. Poor thing's really hungry but neither of us think it's a good idea to load his little belly up with too much food right now. But he does seem to be a little better than earlier. *knock on wood*

Some school vacation this is turning out to be.

5 comments:

Meghan said...

You are the coolest mom ever.

Poor Jake. I hope he feels better soon. :(

Amanda said...

Yeah, I puked all over the kitchen floor once. Still better than the carpet.

Feel better soon, Jake!

jenn said...

Oh, I'm so sorry Jake isn't feeling well. All my best to you guys!

Angela said...

Aw, poor tiny monkey. I hope he's feeling better today.

CosmicAvatar said...

Awwww, poor boy. Hope he's feeling much better.