Sunday, February 17, 2008

My coffee maker broke

I'm surprised at how much I'm panicking. Maybe it's because I haven't had my coffee yet.

I only make it at home on the weekends. I don't have time on work mornings so I just grab some when I get to work. Which means I only have to get through today - and I've already got a solution in the works - then I have plenty of time to plan what/when/how/where I can go get a new one.

But I'm really freaking out. I want my coffeemaker. I don't want a new one. A new one will be...different. I want mine!





And also, my DVD player somehow got switched to dubbing in French. Jayne just sang "The Hero of Canton" in French. lol

3 comments:

allison said...

I can totally feel your pain. One morning, I woke up and the coffee maker refused to turn on. Luckily, I was able to get to Tim Horton's in a timely manner and since Timmie's is right next to Canadian Tire, I was able to buy a new coffee maker that very morning.

But to my horror, after I filled it up with water and coffee, my brand new coffee maker also refused to turn on. Mainly because the extension cord I use to plug in my coffee maker had been unplugged from the wall socket. Ahem.

Not that I am suggesting such a thing could happen in your house.

Laurie said...

No, it's got power. But the water refuses to leave the reservoir. :( I've had this one for many years, and it's always served me well. May it rest in peace. I can get the new, updated version with all the same features, but I'm just not sure that the mount (under the cabinet) will the exact same. I'd hate to have to drill even more holes in the cabinet. [/rents apartment]

Meghan said...

That is just so not cool. ESPECIALLY before you've had your morning coffee.

But, new coffee makers are exciting. I wish mine would break so I could get a new and improved one.