Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Please, just shoot me now

My shoulder is fucking killing me. I've been using ice, using heat, and taking Tylenol (I can't take ibuprofin, I'm allergic). It's been a week, now. My boss is being great, in that I left two hours early Monday (our busiest day), and I've been spending the past few days doing stuff other than my usual stuff, just because of the shoulder. I have been using my left hand for the mouse and doing as little two-hand typing as possible. But I feel useless and stupid. I hate it. And my co-workers are helping me out, for which I am grateful, but it makes me feel...bad or stupid or something.

Last week, Phil massaged my shoulder. On Monday, Joan massaged my shoulder. Yesterday Judy loaned me her shawl, as her mother always told her that wool helps these things. Today, Louise went out on her lunch time to pick up some Arnica gel for me at the Vitamin Shoppe. Then Judy got me a different chair to use and gave me her mousepad (I'm pretty darn sure this problem started due to bad ergonomics at work here), then she rubbed the Arnica gel in and massaged my shoulder. These are great people, here.

But this hurts and it's tiring and I want to feel better and I want to be able to do my job, and some housework, too.


Would I like some cheese with this whine?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm. Cheese.

Hope you get to feeling better soon. *hugs*

Angela said...

*hugs* I hope it's better soon.

CosmicAvatar said...

Blimey. I hope things have improved since then. [hug]