Saturday, June 23, 2007

Tshirt surgery

I've got a ton of printed Tshirts that I love for whatever is printed on them. But they're all men's boxy Tshirts, and make me look like more of a lump than I even am. The MOST unflattering things you could think of. So I don't wear them, even though I love them. I've been turning the problem over in my mind for the last couple weeks. And coincidentally, someone over on the curly board I go to asked about the same thing. And someone provided a link to this tutorial. Now, I can sew, anyway, and I usually figure out in my head how I'm going to go about something. But this tutorial reassured me that I was thinking along the right lines. And I didn't even think of what she did for the sleeves. It was brilliant!

So here's my first one:

BEFORE

AFTER

I'm very excited about the results. Now that I'm not quite so much the blob I used to be, I've wanted to wear shirts just a little fitted, and now I can wear my favorites!

I think this is a wonderful idea, and this tutorial does an excellent job demonstrating how!!

4 comments:

Mindi Scott said...

You posted the photos swapped and I kept going back and forth trying to figure it all out.

But it looks cool! If I weren't too lazy to sew, I'd be all over that. :-)

Laurie said...

Yeah, I just saw that and fixed it. (See my previous post about being stupid.)

Amanda said...

I'm totally going to try this! I have tons of t-shirts that I don't wear because they're too boxy. Once I figure out why my sewing machine is womlu, that is.

jenn said...

That is AWESOME!