Friday, May 25, 2007

Why Do I Blog?

I've been tagged by the lovely Min for a Meme: name five reasons why I blog. Hmmm...

1. I need to be able to tell someone about my day, about the little things, and the big events. When you stupidly smack your face into your car door and make it bleed -- if you've got no one to tell and have them laugh at with you, well, it's really lonely.

2. I think I'm totally plagiarizing Min here, but I really love being a part of this community.

3. Sometimes I need to vent. Sometimes I need to get out some private or mean thoughts, and sort things out, but not to people in my RL.

4. It's a way to express my personality, to let 'myself' come out. I've got all kinds of 'personal touches' on my page.

5. It's nice to get feedback. Sometimes I just need validation about how I feel or what I did. Or just plain ol' sympathy.

Now, I need to tag five more people. Please feel free to ignore if you're not in the spirit.

Jamie Marie
Chrissyisqueen
Sheryl
MenleyNin
Angela

3 comments:

Mindi Scott said...

Heeee! We're all such nice people with the not wanting to pressure each other to do this. :-)

Meghan said...

.... if you've got no one to tell and have them laugh [at] with you, well, it's really lonely.

I hear that.

(I was initially going to tag you for this, but I thought you might be annoyed with me as I noticed you hadn't been posting much lately, and when you did they were very short. I was worried you'd get home and be like, "Meghan, I don't have time for this taggy nonsense!")

Laurie said...

Ah...see, Meg, you're not supposed to notice that. The beauty of on-line friends is supposed to be that I don't have to cover when I'm 'off', 'cause no one will notice!

I've just been really tired lately. And by 'tired', I may or may not mean 'depressed'. All I know is I'm freakin' exhausted and my house is a filthy mess.

But regardless, I wouldn't be annoyed with you!