Monday, August 22, 2005

Good news, good news, and of course, crappy news.

My dad's cardio catheter went well. We woke up at 5:30 and left the house at 6:30, and got there really early. But if we'd waited and left later, we would have been stuck in morning traffic and not gotten there in time. Anyhoo, he went in, and my mom, my sis, and I went to get some coffee and stuff and killed a couple of hours. Then they beeped us. We went back up and the doctor came out and told us that he found very little blockage, and my dad would not require the angioplasty nor the stent. Yay!!! So that's wonderful news. He was still in recovery and we had to kill a couple of more hours, but we were back at their house by 2:00. And the second good news is that I got to pick up my boy (who was on vaca with his dad all last week) from his other grandmother's house and GO HOME! So I'm home. Yay! (And another little Yay! because I was able to drive into and out of the city without incident. Go, me! It actually felt really nice to be able to do something substantial for my parents, after all they've done for me this year.)

But of course, when I got home there was a message from my mom on the machine asking me to call her. Called her. Ricky just passed away. :( So I'll be heading back up there later this week for the wake and funeral. This had better be IT. NO ONE else whom I know, have met, or have even HEARD OF is allowed to die this year. Put a fork in me. I'm DONE.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I'm glad your dad's procedure (such a strange word...) went well, and I'm sorry to hear about your cousin.

You're allowed to be done. I give you permission.

[hugs]

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad your Dad is OK, that's one positive.

And I'm sorry about your cousin. You are indeed due for a break.

Callie