Thursday, May 8, 2008

Today I...

  • ...brought some nail polish to work, and I painted Louise's toenails for her. Then I was nearly done with her fingernails when our boss walked into the cube and caught us. But we all (including the boss) are distinctly in the "screw it, who cares, what are they going to do, fire us?" stage. So we just laughed. Then for some reason he declined when I offered to do his nails for him.
  • ...enjoyed some coffee, a little breakfast and later, some lunch, and watched some more of season 3 of Battlestar Galactica, but did very little actual work. (See above.)
  • ...left work early to get home before The Boy, so I could get the presents and gooey chocolate cake ready, because...today is The Boy's twelfth birthday!!!! I am in complete and utter awe of him. Of course, he's very smart, and funny, and caring, and kind, and handsome. Of course. But he's also been changing so much so fast, it's making my head spin. His too, I'm sure. Here he is last June:
And here he is a few weeks ago:

He's also grown an inch in the past month. He is thisclose to being as tall as me. I've already told him that his job for the rest of his life is REACHING THINGS FOR HIS MOTHER!
  • ...found out that Bon Jovi is indeed coming to Boston this summer, right after I had pretty much given up on it and decided it was for the best that they didn't come, because I didn't have the money to go. Now I have a dilemma.
  • ...had to drive to the post office to send a bracelet to Northern Ireland, and again marveled at the way the counter staff there treat people. First he tells me that a puffy envelope can't go International. I tell him I've sent many before, and he tells me that's wrong. Then he kind of amends his statement to mean that puffy envelopes can't go Registered International. I explain that because it's jewelry, I have to send it First Class International Registered. And now he says that since it's jewelry, it may not even be able to go at all. Some countries don't let you send jewelry. (No shit, Sherlock?) And he tells the other guy, the one actually waiting on me, to look it up. I explain that I'm already sure that jewelry can go to the UK First Class International Registered. In fact, that's how it has to go. But I wait while the man looks it up, because he's not the one being a dink. I mean, really...do you think I went through all the trouble of posting at my stores that I will ship to the UK unless I was sure it was allowed? And that I drove all the way to the post office with the customs form and the registration form already filled out, because I didn't know if I could ship my jewelry to the UK? Really? You don't think I might have researched that a bit first? And to be clear, I don't mind that he questioned it and wanted to look it up to be sure. I'm all for that. My problem was his ATTITUDE. Rude and short and acting like I'm trying to pull something over on him. There are two other post offices in town. I have to remember not to bring my international packages to this one any more!!
  • ...made fried rice for supper.
  • ...watched the rest of season 3 of Battlestar Galactica. Woohoo! Now I'm ready to dive into season 4, at last. And may I say, I found out the identities of the four Cylons, and am very disappointed at whom one of them turned out to be. Frak it! Frak it all!!
  • ...need to call my sister to find out what's up for Mother's Day. Oh, joy.

5 comments:

Eileen said...

Ooh, I'm very interested in who you were disappointed about. I can imagine most people not caring about two of them, but a lot of people being upset one or both or the other two. I personally was devastated to learn the identity of one of them. But looking back, it was all there, right in front of me.

And that guy at the post office is an arse. Next time, get him to give me a call. I'll tell you you can do whatever you do to the UK. In fact you have, to me! Twice!

Laurie said...

Eileen, you've seen it? I'll PM you what I'm talking about if you'd like. :D

Meghan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, J-MAN!!!!!!!! He's such a handsome guy, and I see so much of you in him, Laurie. How is it even possible that he's 12 already??

As for BSG... I KNOW, right??!! How sucky about the one, but I totally see why they did it. The other three I thought were good choices, especially the minor female character... gotta have at least one be on The Dark Side of The Force. I'm all caught up on the most current S4 episode and it is so depressing to me that I have to wait each week for a new episode. ARG!

That's pretty funny about work. Heh... it's kind of nice not to have to worry about losing your job!

Laurie said...

Yeah, today I'm concentrating on catching up, because the new one is tonight I think. I am on the fourth ep right now I think. I just finished the third one and...DAMN IT ALL!! That sucked. :(

jenn said...

I skimmed over the BSG as we're just starting disk two of season one so I don't want to be spoiled.. but we're certainly liking it!

Happy b-day to the Boy!