Thursday, March 23, 2006

We are NOT well people.

.
Conversations between the boy and me tonight:


At the school's art show, looking at 'self-portraits' of students in a display titled "When I'm 100 Years Old":

Boy: If I was doing that, know what I'd draw?

Me: What?

Boy: A gravestone!

Example



Later, in the car, the boy said something witty -- which I can't recall right now, but it has something to do with languages. I responded with:

Me: Touché!

Boy: Is that French?

Me: yes

Boy: What's it mean? I should know what it means, since I'm part French.

Me: Just because you've got the blood in you, doesn't mean you instinctively know the language!

Boy: Au contraire!


(That one frightened me a bit. He's too clever.)

8 comments:

Meghan said...

That. is. AWESOME.

A chip of the ol' block, I say. ;]

Meghan said...

A chip "off" the ol' block, too.

(D'oh)

CosmicAvatar said...

Inspired! *claps*

Jess said...

Touché, indeed!

Helen said...

I love that second one!

allison said...

Oh my. That second comment made me laugh really hard.

Tom said...

I'm still trying to figure out how you put that thing (What's it called? Hee) above the e. Touche//'' <

Feel free to tell me.

Tom said...

Touché

(copying and pasting mouse's words does the trick!)