Thursday, September 8, 2005

Yay :)

I'm not a big fan of wine. But there's a wine that I got when we went on the big vaca to the Vineyard (yes, there's actually a vineyard on Martha's Vineyard). It's a sweet, fruity wine, called Cranberry Satin. I liked it. I've been wanting it. But I did not go to the Vineyard this year, and I don't know when I will be able to go. Too many memories. :( Anyhoo, they don't ship their wine, but there are vendors on the mainland here who carry it. I did all the research I could on-line, and the places closest to me do sell Chicama Vineyard wines, but not this particular flavor. But I found one that sells it on-line! The shipping cost as much as the wine, so I feel kind of silly. But I'm rationalizing it:

  1. Round trip tickets on the ferry to go get it myself would have cost more than the shipping
  2. I could have attempted to drive to a vendor that carries it, but with my nerves and with the price of gas these days, I wouldn't really be saving anything there, either
  3. I've been in dire need of shipping boxes, packing peanuts and bubble wrap. Now I've got some of all 3 for free! Good enough for me!

I can't have any wine now because my boy will be home soon and who knows if we'll need to drive somewhere this afternoon. But I'm going to have a glass tonight! Mmmmmmmmm.

No comments: