Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I am the world champion

at bruxism.

I grind my teeth in my sleep. I even catch myself clenching them during the day. When I was a teenager I got a night-guard to protect my teetch. I had it for 6 years before I lost it. By then, I didn't seem to need it anymore.

After Michael died I went to the dentist to get a new one ($300.00!) because I knew I was doing it again. A lot. In the 5 months that I've had it, and with all that's happened, I've made cracks over an inch long on both sides of it, running back to front. Some of one end is chipped away.

I just went back for my regular cleaning and they had told me to bring it with me so they could clean it. The hygenist saw what I'd done to it and showed it to the dentist. The hygenist said that in 23 years she's never seen anyone do that to a night-guard. I'm so proud. They're making me new one, at no charge.




Nah, I'm not too stressed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone should be world champion at something. Congratulations! [grin]

Callie