Friday, July 22, 2005

Oh...damn.

My cousin's daughter's boyfriend didn't make it. I don't have many details, my mom just told me they had to pull the plug. My mom keeps getting nervous whenever she has to tell me bad news, as if I'm going to freak out or something. She doesn't seem to understand that I didn't know this guy at all. I'm feeling very sad for my cousin's daughter and her family, but it's not hurting me personally. My mom made quite a point of saying that I didn't have to go to the services (she never lets anyone think for themselves or make their own decisions - when she can get away with it), but I'm going to call her and tell her I want to go to the wake. I know she won't understand, she'll be afraid I can't handle it. But when it was MY partner's wake, it really meant a lot to me when all the people came. I don't know why, but when my cousin David, who I am not really close to but is my age, drove down 60 miles in the snow to come to Michael's wake, it really meant a lot. I want to go to K's boyfriend's wake and show my support.

Also, my other cousin, who has cancer, apparently isn't doing that well. They had originally given him 6 months to live, and it's been 3+ years now. So I'm not sure if this may happen soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your cousin, her daughter and the boyfriend's family. It's really horrible.

Callie